Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ho, hum

OK, I think I'm over my latest round of self pity and I've decided to forge on in my attempt to make a go of this business. In an effort to try and get noticed more I've set up a page on MySpace http://www.myspace.com/coganscreations and have set up an account on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/coganscreations and have updated these and all of my other on-line locations here in my blog links. Now I just need to figure out how to use all of these sites to their full potential!

I've also started to update all of my listings on Etsy....adding more to the descriptions, and fixing or replacing a lot of the photos....this is taking me forever, especially since I haven't bought a new camera yet...so I need to take about 10 pics just to get one that looks half-way decent.

I figured I'd step up all of my advertising, and make my shop more appealing to folks once I can get them there, and then give it about 90 days and see if all of the extra effort pays off. I think that if I haven't started to make regular sales by the time my 2 year Etsyversary comes on Aug 2, it will probably really be time to call it quits.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in your business! You're a step ahead of me already in creating a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Go Girl!! I've decided I couldn't take a crisp clear uncluttered picture anymore if my life depended on it!!hahaha Thats my biggest problem right now, to get lighting that will work... I updates my blog tonight and wanted to post a couple of pictures and I couldn't get them clear & bright enough. Keep at it, you have such nice things!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete